This blog is in continuation to blog dated 06th May 2022, whereby Meity had issued directions vide Notification No. 20(3)/2022-CERT-In dated 28th April 2022 that were effective from 27th June 2022.
Subsequently, in response to general queries received by CERT-In from various stakeholders, a set of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) document was also released on 18 May, 2022 to enable better understanding of various stakeholders as well as to promote Open, Safe & Trusted and Accountable Internet in the country. The copy of same is annexed here.
MeitY and CERT-In have decided to provide extension till 25 September, 2022 to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in order to enable them to build capacity required for the implementation of the Cyber Security Directions.
In addition, Data Centres, Virtual Private Server (VPS) providers, Cloud Service providers and Virtual Private Network Service (VPN Service) providers are also provided with additional time till 25 September, 2022 for implementation of mechanisms relating to the validation aspects of the of subscribers/customers details.
Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) are referred to the criteria for classification of Micro, Small and Medium enterprises, notified by Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises, Government of India vide notification no. 2020 S.O. 1702(E) dated 1st June 2020 in exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) read with sub-section (9) of section 7 of the ‘Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development Act, 2006.
The above-mentioned notification released by the Ministry of MSMEs classifies micro, small and medium enterprises as follows:
- Micro enterprise: where the investment in Plant and Machinery or Equipment does not exceed one crore rupees and turnover does not exceed five crore rupees;
- Small enterprise: where the investment in Plant and Machinery or Equipment does not exceed ten crore rupees and turnover does not exceed fifty crore rupees;
- Medium enterprise: where the investment in Plant and Machinery or Equipment does not exceed fifty crore rupees and turnover does not exceed two hundred and fifty crore rupees.
Important Documents –
- CERT-In’s new cyber security directions dated April 28, 2022 – Click Here
- CERT-In’s notification for timeline extension dated June 27, 2022 – Click Here
- CERT-IN’s FAQs on the Directions – Click Here
Disclaimer: This is an effort by Lexcomply.com to contribute towards improving compliance management regime. User is advised not to construe this service as legal opinion and is advisable to take a view of subject experts.