Tamil Nadu government gazette published on March 24th, 2021; vide notification No. SRO A-9/2021 G.O. Ms. No. 33 amendments to the Tamil Nadu Factories Rules, 1950 given by the Labour and Employment Department covering following amendments –
The amendments are made in Rule 103 namely “Maintenance of Muster Roll and Registers” has been substituted in entirety with new provision. Following are the key findings:
- In every factory, the Manager shall maintain a muster roll of all the workers employed in the factory. It shall be maintained in Form No. 25. It is essential that the entries shall be made at the commencement of each period of work.
- The muster roll shall be maintained in such a way by the manager that it shall be readily available for inspection to the inspector at all times, during working hours or when any work is being carried on in the factory.
- The muster roll shall be preserved for a period of three years after the last entry made.
- The Register of adult workers and young persons in Form No. 12, Register of leave with wages in Form No. 15 and the muster roll and Register of compensatory holidays in Form No. 25 shall be considered to serve the purposes of the Registers and muster roll specified in the following legislations –
- Tamil Nadu Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Rules, 1975
- Register of Employment of Contract Labour in Form XXVI as per rule 75
- Register of Wages in Form XXVII as per clause (a) of sub-rule (1) of rule 78
- Register of Advances, Deductions for Damage or Loss and Fines in Form XXIX as per clause (d) of sub-rule (1) of rule 78
- Inter-State Migrant Workmen (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) (Tamil Nadu) Rules, 1983
- Register of Workmen employed by Contractor in Form XIII as per rule 49
- Muster Roll Register in Form XVII as per clause (a) of sub-rule (2) of rule 52
- Register of Wages in Form XVIII as per clause (a) of sub-rule (2) of rule 52
- Register of Deductions for Damage or Loss in Form XIX as per clause (c) of sub-rule (2) of rule 52
- Register of Fines in Form XX as per clause (c) of sub-rule (2) of Rule 52
- Register of Advances in Form XXI as per clause (c) of sub-rule (2) of rule 52
- Register of Overtime in Form XXII as per clause (d) of sub-rule (2) of Rule 52
- Tamil Nadu Payment of Wages Rules, 1937
- Register of Fines in Form I as per rule 3
- Register of Deductions for Damage or Loss caused to the employer by the neglect or default of the employed persons in Form II as per rule 4
- Register of Advances made to employed persons in Form III as per rule 17
- Minimum Wages (Tamil Nadu) Rules, 1953
- Register of Fines in Form I as per sub-rule (4) of rule 21
- Register of Deductions for Damage or Loss caused to the employer by the neglect or default of the employed person in Form II as per sub-rule (4) of rule 21
- Overtime Register for Workers in Form IV as per sub-rule (2) of rule 26
- Muster Roll in Form V as per sub-rule (5) of rule 27
- Register of Employees in Form XI as per sub-rule (6) of rule 27
- Tamil Nadu Maternity Benefit Rules, 1967
- Muster Roll in Form A as per sub-rule (1) of rule 3
- Tamil Nadu Industrial Establishments (National, Festival and Special Holidays) Rules, 1959
- Register of National, Festival and Special Holidays in Form VI as per sub-rule (1) of rule 7
- Tamil Nadu Industrial Establishments (Conferment of Permanent Status to Workmen) Rules, 1981
- Register of Workmen in Form I as per sub-rule (1) of rule 6
- Tamil Nadu Payment of Subsistence Allowance Rules, 1981
- Register of employees placed under suspension in Form No.1 as per rule 3
- Tamil Nadu Labour Welfare Fund Rules, 1973
- Register of Wages in Form B
- Register of Fines and Unpaid Accumulations in Form C as per rule 29
Further, Form No. 12 (register of adult workers and young persons), Form No. 15 (register of leave with wages) and Form No. 25 (muster roll and register of compensatory holidays) have been substituted with the new formats. In Form No 12, pursuant to Rule 86, the date of birth previously indicated in column(3) of FormNo.12 shall be given in column (6) in line with new format of the said form.
In addition to above, the rule 88 has been amended wherein the if a worker loses his Leave Book provided by the Manager he can procure another copy from the manager on the payment of five rupees which was earlier fifteen paisa.
The state government initiates are part of ease of doing business aiming to scrap archaic laws in line with the intention of central government.
Disclaimer: This is an effort by Lexcomply.com to contribute towards improving compliance management regime. User is advised not to construe this service as legal opinion and is advisable to take a view of subject experts.